The SLED Safeguard Security Officer training (now called SAFEGUARD training) is divided into three separate training courses: SC Primary Basic Security Officer, Safeguard SC Primary Plus Security Officer, and the Safeguard SC Security Officer firearms curriculum. Fingerprint services included.
Safeguard SC Primary Basic Security Officer curriculum
4 hours, $100
1) Security Officer Trainee Program Orientation
2) Post Orders for Security Officers
3) Security Officer Registration
4) Security Officer Ethics
5) Security Officer Professionalism
6) Situational Awareness
8) Law Enforcement Relations
9) Note Taking/Reports
10) Discovered Criminal Activity
11) Crime Scene Preservation
12) Workplace Violence and Emergency Response
13) Violent Event Threats
14) Training Documentation
Safeguard SC Primary Plus Security Officer curriculum
4 hours $50
15) Patrol Procedures
16) Vehicle Operations
17) Reasonable Suspicion/Investigative Detention/Probable Cause
19) Use of Force
21) Handling Difficult People
Safeguard SC Security Officer Firearms curriculum
8 hours $100 plus ammunition cost
NOTE: We reserve the right to deny or discontinue firearms traing fo anyone who we determine might be unsafe handling firearms
23) Firearms Training Orientation
24) Legality of the Use of Deadly Force
25) Liability of the Use of Deadly Force
26) Safe Use/Storage of Firearms (on/off duty)
27) Demonstration of Proficiency
28) Security Training Documentation
For more information, email [email protected]
We will cover the South Carolina State required training in firearms safety, introduction to firearms nomenclature and operation of each type of firearm. You will be instructed in the liability that comes with the responsibility of an armed security officer. You must demonstrate the safe and competent use
of the firearm on a range supervised and documented by our certified instructor.
Below are the minimum requirements to become a Certified Armed Private Security Officer in South Carolina
-You must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
-Must be a United States citizen
-No physical or mental impairment which would prevent you from competently performing the
-Has the ability to successfully pass a criminal background inquiry
-No drug or alcohol use or dependence
-Has not been discharged from the military service with other than honorable conditions
-Has not been revoked or suspended by SLED for armed certification
-Previous experience with firearms is strongly preferred
The registration process includes SLED application, fingerprints required for the application process.
Instructor DOES NOT include the applicable (SLED) application fee.
Payment of $100.00 must be made in advance to scheduled class. You must provide your own weapon, eye protection, ear protection and ammo.